I’m excited about inktober, I’m excited about Hallowe’en and I’m excited about the Grim Fandango re-release
Mikleo’s expressions appreciation post
Tough week. Been too tired to do much. Very out of it.
My steampunk booth at FearFete 2014 in Biloxi, MS is all ready to go! Come and check out my goggles, tops hats, guns, jewelry and more! Lots of cool and fun stuff!
For all of you who’ve felt even for a second that it’s ever too late:
1. Charles Bukowski had his first book published when he was 49
2. Leonard Cohen was 33 when his first album was released
3. Marina Abramovic’s career as an independent artist wasn’t solidified until she was 42
4. Julia Child’s career started when she was 36
5. Van Gogh started drawing when he was 27
6. Monet painted Sunrise when he was 33, but wasn’t producing his best work until his early 40s
7. Kazuo Ohno started dancing when he was 27
8. William S. Burroughs had his first novel published when he was 39
That at least takes care of some of that anxiety welled up inside me.
america is so weird with all its rush rush vacuous notions about being superstars by 22. how on earth can taking time to live and cultivate your mind and heart be anything but good for your development? if you put out your best work by 30, then you peaked way too early.
This is why I always try to remind myself that most designers don’t get recognition/fame until their late 30s-early 40s